This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Meet information as of June 2, 2015

Thanks for the updates, we are looking forward to the event. I read about the new Concours processes in Turning Wheels and it sounds like a good plan. One of your statements is different than what was stated in the Turning Wheels article: "Cars will proceed to the Concours area and park in Divisions from 8AM to 9AM." In the article it states: "Display and Judged vehicles will proceed to the Concours field first thing Thursday morning and will be parked "openly"; that is, not within specific divisions." Based on your information has that changed since the article went to print?

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

You are correct. A change was made following the submission of the information for the June Turning Wheels. Originally we planned for "open" parking. However, once it was confirmed that vehicles would be "called" by Division to the two Judging lines, it make more sense to park by Division. When called, vehicles will be moving from one section of the Concours field at a time rather than throughout the field. Also, each Division "section" of the field will include both Display and Judged vehicles. It will make "herding the cats" a bit more difficult when first parking on the field, but should make moving to Judging lines easier. BTW, I say "field", but sorry to say it is an asphalt parking lot. However, it is part of the Westport complex and immediately adjacent to the Westport Chalet (Meet hotel) and Westport Plaza hotels.

Comment

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I am impressed with your planning efforts.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
        X