Rear Window Defroster for The 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Defroster for The 53

I had a number of accessories for The Saturday Night special, and tried to sell them. I guess it's time to just use them. Since the rear window is out, I guess it's a good time to cut the hole for the rear window defroster. This is the old tattered box:

Here's the ingredients:

I started looking at the template and realized that it was made to use from the bottom. O, well, having this window out makes it easy to cut out the package tray:

Maybe tomorrow? And then, trial fit the rear seat speaker grill. Maybe it's next on the accessory list.

That is a very Cool item, and quite rare now. We had one almost exactly like it, probably made by the same Co. but for a Detroit Packard. It was Sold on eBay a few years ago.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      That is a very Cool item, and quite rare now. We had one almost exactly like it, probably made by the same Co. but for a Detroit Packard. It was Sold on eBay a few years ago.
      I think I have one somewhere in my stash. I decided against using it because I had a factory rear speaker in the place where the defroster would go.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
        I think I have one somewhere in my stash. I decided against using it because I had a factory rear speaker in the place where the defroster would go.
        No, the one for a 53 goes on the drivers side of the rear seat speaker. Cause I have a rear seat speaker grill also. The template that came with the kit gives the location.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
          No, the one for a 53 goes on the drivers side of the rear seat speaker. Cause I have a rear seat speaker grill also. The template that came with the kit gives the location.
          Mine is the same AC number. I either never looked at the template or I didn't have one in the torn up box. Now I don't have the car any more
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rear defroster 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1708955

I've had one of those sitting on my shelf for years. Hooked it up to the 6V battery in my truck, and it works! Anybody want it? $45.
            Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
            \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]58173[/ATTACH]

I've had one of those sitting on my shelf for years. Hooked it up to the 6V battery in my truck, and it works! Anybody want it? $45.

PM sent, thanks

Comment

Is what you have pictured what you have. or do you have the box and instructions? Does it have the long wire still on it? I would like to buy it. Paypal? or what. Let me know. Thanks, Tex

Comment

Working...
                X