Equivalent/ replacement clutch 49 champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Equivalent/ replacement clutch 49 champ

Unbelievable ! Took the trans for a rebuild ,the guy dropped off the clutch for its rebuild at a shop and they LOST It! Is it a 8" clutch ?
    So I'm hunting ,I spotted a 49 commander clutch in a desert junk car ,same part? Any suggestion for a modern equivalent?

Champion Pressure Plates and Clutch Discs are available so there is no need to use a cross reference Brand X clutch.

An 8" or an 8 1/2 Inch Disc. with a 1 Inch by 10 Spline will work if used with a matching size Pressure Plate.

http://studebakervendors.com or your Local (or not) Clutch Rebuilder are good sources, NOT Auto Parts Stores!

Commanders have More power, requiring a 1 1/8 Inch Spline and a 9 1/4" Clutch and do not interchange.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Stevenlesser View Post
      Unbelievable ! Took the trans for a rebuild ,the guy dropped off the clutch for its rebuild at a shop and they LOST It! Is it a 8" clutch ?
      So I'm hunting ,I spotted a 49 commander clutch in a desert junk car ,same part? Any suggestion for a modern equivalent?
      For some reason today's businesses loose a lot of customer items from what I have read. It is not only automotive items but stories range from household to recreational items and everything in between. Apparently businesses are not taking care of business like they used to. Or else the internet makes us more aware of these problems.

Comment

Working...
      X