prestolite distriutor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: prestolite distriutor

I'm in the process of ordering a pertronix ignitor#1584 they are asking if my distributor is prestolite distributor #ibs-4012. that's on my 64 cruiser 289 v/8. how would I tell what brand distributor and number is the distributor,were can I look up this information?thanks in advance LEONARD.

As usual if you do not buy these from a Studebaker Vendor Like Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker or others at: http://studebakervendors.com all you get is the run around, WRONG information and a lot of waisted Shipping Fees.

No, a SINGLE Point Prestolite Dist. like SHOULD be in your '64, if it is not a Jet Thrust Avanti Engine, it does NOT get the Pertronix 1584, that is for the Dual Point Prestolite Distributor. I just don't see why they being the Mfg. can't get those THREE simple words through their thick Head.

I will put this a different way for you:
    If your Rotor is NOT this one:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3576.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1705211 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3577.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1705212 And NOT a Delco Window Distributor that has a Tin square "Window" to set the Points then you do have the correct Prestolite Dist. for a '64.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-05-2016, 08:48 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

thank you STUDERICH, I will look those venders up. LEONARD.

Comment

I contacted FAIRBORN STUDEBAKER, they did respond, oh well there other Studebaker venders. LEONARD

Comment

Ibp 4108 is correct for 64 cruiser per manual. had a pertronix fail recently,back to my own mopar conversion. have one in Infamous Outback Car, a 63 lark, done in '89 and still going strong. Luck, Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by leonard View Post
            I contacted FAIRBORN STUDEBAKER, they did respond, oh well there other Studebaker venders. LEONARD
            I just picked up Petronix system from Phil Harris of Fairborn Studebaker when I was in South Bend last week. If you did not receive a response call them again as Phil was vending in South Bend.
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

People, you do have to understand that not ALL Studebaker Vendors have NO life, or have 8 or 10 Employees to answer your calls instantly all week long.

All of the smaller ones other than THE BIG one, have limited hours to spend on the phone. But when you reach them, you usually get actual Technical Help, not just an order taker.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X