53K wreck in movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53K wreck in movie

Coming on TCM right now (11:15 PDT) is the Japanese language movie "The Bad Sleep Well". In one scene a 53 K is supposedly hit by a train. The badly wrecked car is shown, but not the actual occurrence.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Mentioned here a while back...

I had mentioned earlier that other than my sickness for Studes, I also have a sickness for rotten horror movies. Would anyone like to know what movies starred Studes? Just for fun.

and a LONG time ago at:

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

good thing they made a lot of them....

Comment

Wow....been too long since I saw that movie last and I must not have seen the entire movie then. The wreck is actually a C-body '53. There is a '53 Champion C-body car shown being driven in much of the film, but I'm not so sure it is the same car as the wreck.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Movie makers figure the viewers are not observant. Or maybe it just looks good to the director.

In "The attack of the 50 foot woman" the hero is driving a 57 Plymouth wagon. When she picks it up, it's a 54 Chevrolet wagon. When she throws it down, it's a wrecked 57 Plymouth wagon.

In the movie "Killers Three" with Dick Clark, the bad guys' car goes back and forth between a 39 and 40 Chevrolet and a two door and a four door. Both cars were white, so who would notice?
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
          X