No announcement yet.

1956 Studebaker Champion Four Door Steering Spindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle / Front Suspension: 1956 Studebaker Champion Four Door Steering Spindle

Where would I look for a front left (driver side) steering spindle? I think that the bearings froze to the shaft. 1/4 of the bearing race after heating has came off but as for the rest???? I've added heat and BP blaster. Nothing is working so fare. Help please.

Your king pin kit was used late 1953 to 1960 for sedans and 1961 Hawks so they are available. Some vendors are rebuilding them. I suggest you replace both sides A lit includes pins and bearings and bushings. Some vendors will sell the parts separately and just one side. Studebakervendors.com is a good reference
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Thanks. I'm grateful for your input. I would like to rebuild the entire front end being that it is sixty years young the rubber parts are about shot. It would be a good feeling to give the car that new ride feeling.

Comment

IF you buy a spindle that is "loose" from the king pin, make sure it IS a later spindle! The early ones 51 through mid 53 has the spindle itself at a different height. It will be lower on the spindle. You could only see it IF you have them side by side.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

John, I sent You a PM.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
          X