Finally, I'm a Studebaker Owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, I'm a Studebaker Owner!

After almost a year of negotiations, hesitance, more negotiations, finally I bought this 62 GT. Lot's of mechanical and safety upgrades such as Turner brakes etc.. just needs some detailing and things like door and window adjustments but so far I am thrilled to own this car! It has it's original 289 which has been rebuilt but he added an aluminum manifold and Holley carb, it goes pretty good but is running very rich. I'll have lots of mechanical questions in the near future!
    Attached Files

Whoops, I missed it. I posted my congrats in a new post. Beautiful car, wonderful chase and now it's yours. I bet that feels better than watching the other cars go by. Drop in anytime!
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Pretty darn cool Kato! Power windows and A/C. Even better. What is the color of the exterior? It almost looks like a grape/purple color?
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
        Whoops, I missed it. I posted my congrats in a new post. Beautiful car, wonderful chase and now it's yours. I bet that feels better than watching the other cars go by. Drop in anytime!
        Thanks Dave and we will bring her by as soon as I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          Pretty darn cool Kato! Power windows and A/C. Even better. What is the color of the exterior? It almost looks like a grape/purple color?
          Thanks very much.. It's Black Cherry and of course is not an original color but seems to suit the car, I think anyway. It looks black in low light. The air works so well that the car could double as a freezer! I drove it home on the hottest day we've had in the Toronto area this year, 34C degrees (93F), ac kept the car cool and ran at 190 degrees, impressive!
          Last edited by Kato; 07-31-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Very nice. I really like the color. It goes well with the interior as well. I wish I had A/C in my vehicles. We had a rare 104 degree day yesterday and with all the windows open on my Champ truck (including the sliding rear window) I melted on the 26 mile trip home from work.
            You scored a very beautiful car. Congratulations!
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Congrats on a great find and successful acquisition. Wish my '63 had AC.
              Bill

Comment

Car looks very elegant in that color.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                  Very nice. I really like the color. It goes well with the interior as well. I wish I had A/C in my vehicles. We had a rare 104 degree day yesterday and with all the windows open on my Champ truck (including the sliding rear window) I melted on the 26 mile trip home from work.
                  You scored a very beautiful car. Congratulations!
                  Yes.. in this part of the world ac is a definite asset in the summer, I can't believe how well it works!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                  Congrats on a great find and successful acquisition. Wish my '63 had AC.
                  Bill
                  Thanks and yes the ac is a real bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                    Car looks very elegant in that color.
                    Thanks.. although I might have preferred an original black this color does really seem to work with this car. It sure gets compliments!

Comment

Congrats! That colour does look NICE!

I learned to drive on a '62 GT (now owned by another family just outside Goderich. Missed out on getting it back a couple of times.) so have a deep soft spot for those cars.
                      Looking forward to seeing yours!
                      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

I've been a Studebaker owner almost all my life.
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Well Kato as a brand new owner myself I can only say Wow. You got a sweet one. Light years ahead of mine. Love the color love the style etc. etc.

Comment

Nice car Kevin. I know you'll enjoy it.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Thanks for the pics; 'looks like a nice car. Automatic and air; just right for cruising! BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X