Mystery wheel cover?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery wheel cover?????

These probably aren't Studebaker. George found it in his shop this afternoon. We've been working on cleaning the place out so that it can be used this winter. Anyone know what they are???

I'm rather hoping to get Bess' original tranny rebuilt this winter. To do that, I have to get a Daytona Wagonaire going so that it can be sold. This will finance the finishing of Bess as a driver, a Landie pickup (to deal with Trinity county's road salt), and Ed's chassis transplant. Hopefully, the car will sell for enough (I know, dream on, right?).

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

looks like Olds 1920s to 1940 very close as I remrmber

Comment

looks like Olds 1920s to 1940 very close as I remrmber

Comment

http://cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1952&alph=ALL&dec=ALL this shows picture of 1948 Olds hood now I know memory is correct

Comment

http://cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1952&alph=ALL&dec=ALL this shows picture of 1948 Olds hood now I know memory is correct

Comment

Wow! Not being an Olds guy, I've never seen that coat of arms before. It looks almost Arabic!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow! Not being an Olds guy, I've never seen that coat of arms before. It looks almost Arabic!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Yup, I found a pair of dog dish caps with that emblem on them in my grandpa's shed when we cleaned it out for the estate sale. I dragged them around to swap meets for a few years before I finally got $8 for the pair. Somewhere along the line somebody ID'd them and I later saw a set identical on a '48 Olds.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Yup, I found a pair of dog dish caps with that emblem on them in my grandpa's shed when we cleaned it out for the estate sale. I dragged them around to swap meets for a few years before I finally got $8 for the pair. Somewhere along the line somebody ID'd them and I later saw a set identical on a '48 Olds.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

When I got my 51 it had one of those and 3 52-4 DeSoto wheel covers on it. I had no idea what that one was. Later I bought another collection of wheel covers in boxes and found another one. Now I know.
                    Rob

Comment

When I got my 51 it had one of those and 3 52-4 DeSoto wheel covers on it. I had no idea what that one was. Later I bought another collection of wheel covers in boxes and found another one. Now I know.
                      Rob

Comment

I knew you guys would come through! Thanks!

This is one of many treasures that we have unearthed (literally) in George's shop. It's almost like an archaeological dig (LOL)! So far, it's taken two days to clear the area of an average bathroom. If I needed a clutch plate for a six, I'd be in like flint as we've found half dozen new ones so far. Sadly, they're too small for Bess and Ed.[V] Still, it's really been a gas.

Lotsa Larks!
                        Ron Smith
                        Ron Smith

Comment

I knew you guys would come through! Thanks!

This is one of many treasures that we have unearthed (literally) in George's shop. It's almost like an archaeological dig (LOL)! So far, it's taken two days to clear the area of an average bathroom. If I needed a clutch plate for a six, I'd be in like flint as we've found half dozen new ones so far. Sadly, they're too small for Bess and Ed.[V] Still, it's really been a gas.

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                          X