What Numbers Fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: What Numbers Fit?

I was going through some brake components I have pulled from a few Studebakers I parted out to verify fitment of 6 cylinder car front brake shoes with rear V8 drums. I found a number that does not match with Studebakers. It appears to be a Ford number. Does anyone know if these parts are for a Thunderbird or am I missing something?

The part I have is WE 126-EE-BA, and BB (Leading and trailing shoes)

From what I have with Studebaker part numbers they should be #176 not the #126.

Len

Sorry that was the bonded material. I found the shoe number FMS 326 which a Studebaker compatible shoe.

Comment

Generally speaking, 10" front shoes from a 6 cylinder will fit most 10" rear drums from a V8. On cars with self adjusters, there may be a couple of holes that don't get used, but these days most parts stores would probably carry them under the same number.

Chris.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I have a complete 10" front brake system that is only miles old that I pulled off a 62. I gave the rear hubs away last year for a 10" rear set that I was going to use on my car, as I was going to the new flanged axle so I didn't need the hubs, so the drums went with them. I see all the parts will work, after I install the park brake, but the wheel cylinder is too large, 1", as opposed to the 7/8" for the rear. The original 7/8" are shot. I don't even think a kit could bring these back. Just another day in the lab.

Len.

Comment

Len:
          I still have the 10" drums if you need them.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
          X