Muffler for 1950 Champion 2 Door Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust: Muffler for 1950 Champion 2 Door Sedan

My 50 Champ was restored about 20 years ago and then sold 10 years later to a guy 5 miles from me. He then sold the car to me after 10 years ownership. I don't think either of those 2 guys put a hundred miles on the car. I put about 2000 miles on it this summer, but don't care for the extra noise of the turbo muffler put on it 20 years ago. I bought a muffler listed as being correct for the 1950 Champion, but I wonder if it isn't just a low budget short replacement? Does anyone know the length of the muffler body for an original muffler for my 50 Champ? Thanks

Good question. My car's muffler was patched and rusted and falling apart when I got it, so it was one of the first things that I replaced. Given its condition and the originality of the rest of the car, it might have been an original muffler. I had a muffler shop replace it with some generic muffler. My Champion engine, which has been tuned up but not rebuilt, is the quietest engine of any of my six vehicles, the rest of which are all much newer.
    Last edited by Lothar; 12-31-2014, 05:11 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

I still haven't been able to find muffler dimensions for my 1950 Champion.

Anyone know where to find them? Thanks, Tom

Comment

Purchased from a Studebaker supplier 30 years ago the muffler on our '50 Chamption is 17" long and approximately 4 1/2 inches by 9 inches. Hope this helps.
        Perry
        \'50 Business Champion
        \'50 Starlight Champion
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Thanks Perry. That sounds about like the dimentions of an ebay muffler I bought last summer, but I thought the original mufflers were longer.

Comment

Working...
          X