Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1954 Conestoga grill surrounds

Hi Guys,

Is the 1954 Conestoga wagon's grill surround the same as on the sedan? We just got a wagon and it needs chromable surrounds.

Thanks,
    John Brayton

Yes..........
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is correct, both the Sedans and Wagons have the taller fenders making most Parts not interchangeable with the longer, lower Coupes and Hardtop Sport Coupes.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

John, you say we who is we? and my guess Bary Hackney in Tx. very well might have some.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Thanks guys..... Bob, I'll email Barry and see what he has.
          John Brayton

Comment

I have a set of 54 grille bars that need to be re-chromed.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Hell...(can I say that ?), I bought a whole car (54 4dr. sedan) JUST for spair parts. While it does run, the people thought I was a bit strange because I wasn't interested in driving it before I gave them the money (too much actually !)..!
              All I cared about was from the firewall foward, and it's in great shape. It's my running parts car..!

I'll actually be swapping hoods with my wagon this weekend.

Speaking of that, have you seen the Conestoga site John ?

It's a bit slow sometimes, but a few of us check in at least every few days.

Mike

Comment

John I think I have an extra set that would be chromable. I'll let you know later today. They are yours for the asking.

And congrats on the Conestoga score, remember how much we like pictures!
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

What I have are an extra set of '54 grill bars. Art Smith from our Karel Staple chapter recently parted out a 53 and a 54 sedan. One of them had a near perfect passenger side surround, and I believe he has a driver side that is chromable. Call him at 530-seven four three-2942 to see if he still has them.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA

Comment

I have a complete front end minus hood and grill bars for a 53/54 sedan/wagon. Grill surrounds are in fair shape if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzzar View Post
                      I have a complete front end minus hood and grill bars for a 53/54 sedan/wagon. Grill surrounds are in fair shape if anyone is interested.
                      Sent you a PM
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
                        Hell...(can I say that ?), I bought a whole car (54 4dr. sedan) JUST for spair parts. While it does run, the people thought I was a bit strange because I wasn't interested in driving it before I gave them the money (too much actually !)..!
                        All I cared about was from the firewall foward, and it's in great shape. It's my running parts car..!

I'll actually be swapping hoods with my wagon this weekend.

Speaking of that, have you seen the Conestoga site John ?

It's a bit slow sometimes, but a few of us check in at least every few days.

Mike
                        Hi Mike, Thanks for the site!l Looking forward to meeting some other wagon owners.
                        John Brayton

Comment

I have a 54 and a 56 and you already know me.
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                          X