56 Tangerine???? Peach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Tangerine???? Peach

Just got my 56 Tangerine mixed for the bottom of my wagon. WOW!!! It does match the paint chip and it is the correct formula (thanks to Jim ,a SDC member on this form) and as the lady mixing it said do not ever refer to this as orange. I am going to mix a pint of this with some uncolored undercoating that will be applied to the bottom of the car. This undercoating is suppose to go on thin and be flexable and is made for this type of application. I need the thin coat to cover some of my floor replacement seems as my welding skills are less then perfect. The Snow Cap white looks white. Thanks again Jim ,as it made my trip to the paint store easy. By the way the cost of paint is trying to catch the cost of chroming. I must say though it has been a couple years since I bought any paint.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

How DARE you write a post like this without any pictures?!?!? A pox on thee!!![:0]

I'd sure like to see some pics of your car, and that color on something[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

How DARE you write a post like this without any pictures?!?!? A pox on thee!!![:0]

I'd sure like to see some pics of your car, and that color on something[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

As soon as I get some color on something I will post. That is if I can adjust to a tangerine/Pink/Salmon color.

Comment

As soon as I get some color on something I will post. That is if I can adjust to a tangerine/Pink/Salmon color.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

I'll save you the work!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

I'll save you the work!

Craig

Comment

That IS pretty impressive Craig, at least on a '56 Golden anyway. I gotta be honest, I know I won't like it THAT well, on a '56 Pelham/Parkview. But then, it is not MY car!

Maybe it's just because this is a sporty car, and a wagon is a hauler/camping in the forest kinda car, that needs a bit more of a woodsy/earth tone or masculine color!

Actually '57 Woodsmoke Gray or Canyon Coppertone kinda says that, doesn't it?!

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That IS pretty impressive Craig, at least on a '56 Golden anyway. I gotta be honest, I know I won't like it THAT well, on a '56 Pelham/Parkview. But then, it is not MY car!

Maybe it's just because this is a sporty car, and a wagon is a hauler/camping in the forest kinda car, that needs a bit more of a woodsy/earth tone or masculine color!

Actually '57 Woodsmoke Gray or Canyon Coppertone kinda says that, doesn't it?!

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Sorry I don't have a Tangerine Pelham. Closest I have is a President.

Craig

Comment

Sorry I don't have a Tangerine Pelham. Closest I have is a President.

Craig

Comment

Man, you DO have some of the BEST pics Craig! If your quantity is anything like Leonard's massive collection, it truly would be something to see! That's a GREAT pic! [^]

I can just visualize those two in some one's garage, what a sight!

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Man, you DO have some of the BEST pics Craig! If your quantity is anything like Leonard's massive collection, it truly would be something to see! That's a GREAT pic! [^]

I can just visualize those two in some one's garage, what a sight!

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks, Rich! I do strive for quality over quantity, but I do have LOTS of pictures, digital and 35mm. The tangerine GH was taken in 1983 at South Bend, and the President was taken in Moose Jaw in 2005. Now why aren't you on the chat??!?

Craig

Comment

Thanks, Rich! I do strive for quality over quantity, but I do have LOTS of pictures, digital and 35mm. The tangerine GH was taken in 1983 at South Bend, and the President was taken in Moose Jaw in 2005. Now why aren't you on the chat??!?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X