new pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: new pistons

Hi, i damged my original pistons and i am wondering where the best place is to get new ones for a good price. They are off of a champion six and have a 3 inch bore

There is a full NOS set on the Studebaker Swap Page Google it! Also a great place to find new and used Studebaker parts of all kinds. Ask any old Forum member.
    Good luck!
    Patrick Sammon

Comment

Careful. 169 and 185 are different.
      1936 Dictator
      1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
      1953 Commander Regal HT
      1953 2R5 Pickup
      1947 M16 Truck
      1960 Lark VIII Convertible
      1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
      1962 Champ 7E5 no box
      1962 GT Hawk
      1963 Lark VI 4 dr
      1963 GT Hawk R2
      1964 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

The pistons for the early and later 170's are different too, so be careful with that when buying pistons. Bud

Comment

Best to just order them from a Studebaker Vendor at: http://studebakervendors.com

That is, AFTER the Cylinders are honed or Bored and Mic'd.

Art, see your PM's called "Private Messages" at the top of these pages on the dark Blue line at the Left.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 04-21-2014, 04:13 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

How did you wind up getting the old pistons out? As mentioned, you need to look the bores in the block over & pick the worst one to clean up to determine how much, if any, you have to overbore the cylinders to get them in good condition. Then you can shop for the correct size pistons. Don't completely finish the bores before you have pistons & let the machine shop do the final sizing.
            Mike Sal

Comment

Working...
            X