No announcement yet.

Good outlet for replacement radiator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Good outlet for replacement radiator?

I need to replace or repair the radiator in my 63 Lark. The neck is not in good shape, and prevent the cap from fastening properly. What is an affordable vendor that carry this radiator?

I've used Nissan 240Z or was it 280Z on my Champ... minor mods and very reasonable if you buy it online from Advanced Auto and utilize their 15% or 20% discount... depends on the week/day. I've heard that Jeep CJ or XJ is an even better fit.... Just be sure and get a 3 row instead of a 2 row even if surface area is slightly less. I'm talking $150 to $200 instead of $500+ for a recore. Of course if you have to have a concourse look you can drop the coin.

My Champ runs down right cold.

Comment

If you dont need it to look stock look at griffen or speed way for after market aluminium. should be in the $200 range and will cool much better on a hot day.

Comment

OK, I'll do the search this time. Here's everything one needs to know from previous forum posts. It looks like the Jeep CJ is reasonably priced and fits as a start.

Bob

Comment

Bob I tried the link and no match found.

Comment

What year Jeep CJ are we talking about for the good fit?

Comment

Originally posted by eddienlinda View Post
              Bob I tried the link and no match found.
              Here's one link that has data and a couple of links in it also.

You can go to search in the upper right and type jeep aluminum radiator and you'll get a lot of links. We have a good search function so I was pointing it out as you are quite new. We members seem to forget what we have in haste to provide a favored answer.

Bob

Comment

Thank you very much Bob

Comment

Also as I noted the other day...
                  The people at "The Radiator Lady" make a very nice unit.

We offer the highest quality all aluminum, hand tig welded custom race radiators. Fully fabbed with aircraft grade aluminum. The Radiator Lady is focused on providing high quality...

Nice people, will build what ever you want, even give it a "billit" looking polished look if you want. Huge guarentee.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X