X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb 289 question

Putting the dist in a Packard 58L (289)... which cylinder is # 1? jim

The one closest to the car's left headlight. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thx bob...

Comment

...or closest to the timing mark tab, if you forget which side is left....

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
          ...or closest to the timing mark tab, if you forget which side is left....
          I remember that... got the dist in ok...can't seem to remember where I put the rotor their talking $18 for one special ordered, taking a week to get here... does that sound right... or better yet... any tips for an easy-to--get rotor? jim

Comment

The price is whatever it is.
            You could tell them it is for a pre-1957 Buick, Pontiac, Olds, Cadillac or Chevy. V8 but if it is not on the shelf, I guess that will not help!

You are in Hesperia, so Turning Wheels advertisers: Studebaker Parts and Service Long Beach, Orange County Studebaker, Studebakers West, or even Studebakers Northwest are on the West Coast and 1 to 4 days USPS away.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you... much appreciated... lots easier a sell... if you can listen to the motor run... jim

Comment

Working...
              X