A/C and Super Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C and Super Charger

Is it possible to run both A/C and Super Charger In a 58 259 wagon? I know with the Avanti would be A/C or SC, not both. If so does anyone have pics?

Thanks in advance,
    Kim

You can have BOTH. Look for one of the little A/C compressors for a Japanese car. I've seen them on an R2 Avanti with brackets fabbed to fit the little compressor below the alternator.

Comment

Yes, Kim; entirely possible, and should be easy with the relative "bigness" of a 1958 sedan engine room.

Peter Sant has both air and a supercharger on his R2 Avanti he runs at the Pure Stock Drags. I just spent a good 20 minutes in my files of hundreds of photos of the event from years past and did not come up with a photo of his engine room.

Look in the various Jan/Feb/Mar issues of Turning Wheels over the last 11 years for The Pure Stock Drag Race annual reports. Somewhere in there has got to be a photo of Peter working on his engine. I know I've seen one, but don't have the time to keep looking for it. (I did not check any issues of Turning Wheels, BTW.) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'll check my photos or maybe I posted this already David put air conditioning and power steering on our 1957 Golden Hawk.
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?23502-Air-Conditioning-in-1957-GoldenHawk

Maybe this will help
        Last edited by Anne F. Goodman; 11-04-2012, 07:30 PM. Reason: added link
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

I put a Sanden 508 in an R2 recently. Check my older blog pages for pics. (its on the gold car)
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks guys and gal. I've used Sanden 508 on a York bracket, so I'm glad to know it will work with S/C. Car owner will pleased. Thanks BP for your time.
            Kim

Comment

Working...
            X