supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: supercharger

I hope either Mike or Jack will come on here and give me some advice. I've got a guy close to me that has a supercharger off a hawk that is suppose to be rebuildable for sale. I was thinking of getting it for the gt. Now this is a 2bbl motor so I think it is a 8 or 8.5 to one motor. I plan to put new rings in it and leave the pistons as is along with new stainless valves and new guides if needed. Maybe a small amount of head porting. Dont want to port to much or install too big of valves as this likes to kill the bottom end. How do you feel about gap less rings? Never been a big fan myself but thinking that maybe a option. Always felt if everything else was right you really don't need them. Thinking a up grade on the cam but the guy I had that use to grind what ever I wanted died and his son locked up the shop. Boy if I only knew what that old guy knew about cam shafts. I plan to leave the 2 bbl carb on it. Will the Paxton go to about 7 lbs Max boost and can the waste gate be moved to that? also will a stock stude motor take that with out a up grade on rods and pistons? I think they where set up for a max boost of 5 lbs. Any advice would be appreciated. Steve

To: swvalcon,----I've always liked the '57 Golden '2bbl carb in a box setup' for it's safety, simplicity, and reliability. But if You are looking for a solid performance improvement You should use
    a sealed AFB on an Avanti manifold. (The R3 pressure box system is a common sense upgrade to that for obvious reasons of safety....especially if You intend to wind the boost pressure up.)

Comment

Working...
    X