Hood prop bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Hood prop bolt

The bolt holding the hood prop to the inner fender of my 63 Avanti came undone and was lost.
    So, I have to reattach the lower end back to the car to get the hood to stay open.

S-I sells part 1336807 for the job...(it's seen on page 142 of their new catalog).
    From the drawing it appears to be a bolt. washer and nut combo piece and for $5.50, I think (hope) it's more than just a bolt.

However, the parts manual also lists:

G120368 Net, Hex 5/16
    1463X36 spring washer
    41X195 plain washer
    G138538 Lock washer 5/16.

Do I need the other 4 parts?

If so, can someone tell me, in English, what those parts are and what I have to ask for at a bolt store or FLAPS?
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
    The bolt holding the hood prop to the inner fender of my 63 Avanti came undone and was lost.
    So, I have to reattach the lower end back to the car to get the hood to stay open.

S-I sells part 1336807 for the job...(it's seen on page 142 of their new catalog).
    From the drawing it appears to be a bolt. washer and nut combo piece and for $5.50, I think (hope) it's more than just a bolt.

However, the parts manual also lists:

G120368 Net, Hex 5/16
    1463X36 spring washer
    41X195 plain washer
    G138538 Lock washer 5/16.

Do I need the other 4 parts?

If so, can someone tell me, in English, what those parts are and what I have to ask for at a bolt store or FLAPS?
    The bolt, nut, and washers are the same for mounting the prop to the hood. You can use those to find replacements.
    Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Thanks....I'd thought of that but since I'd have to hold open the hood while removing the other bolts and I'm a one man band here, I was looking for an easier /quicker answer.
      Last edited by JBOYLE; 08-18-2012, 09:11 PM.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Thanks....I'd thought of that but since I'd have to hold open the hod while removing the other bolts and I'm a one man band here, I was loking for an easier /quicker answer.
        John

This is the one from my 74 and matches the one in my 83. I have no idea if it's correct but here's a shot to let the more knowledgeable on the forum comment.

Bob

Comment

Some hardware stores have shoulder bolts, often called axle bolts. My Ace Hardware has them.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks....I'd thought of that but since I'd have to hold open the hood while removing the other bolts and I'm a one man band here, I was looking for an easier /quicker answer.
            Get a 2x4
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
            X