48 Champion Fender Ornament Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Champion Fender Ornament Mounting

I have a set of fender ornaments for my 48 Champion Convertible but I am missing a template or instructions as to where they are to be mounted. I would like to borrow or buy the information. Please call me at 408-264-4941.

If you can't find a template, I have several photos of the fender ornaments on 48 Champions that show them at the fender top centerline and starting 1/4 to 1/2 inch back from the rear of the headlight ring.
    ...Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
    1963 Hawk GT
    Santa Barbara
    CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Comment

I can't find any pictures of Champions with them but here is a Land Cruiser from the Inside Facts book.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

The keeper of Instructions and Templates may have these. I'm away from home and cannot supply the contact information, but I'm sure someone will.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I do not recall the 48 Champions having any fender ornaments at all. The 47 Champions had ornaments mounted on the lower front part of the front fender.

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
          55 Speedster (in work)
          63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
          64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
          64 Avanti R2 (completed)
          85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
          89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Comment

Dave Mottle of New Mexico is the keeper of the templates. If you ask him for such (and there's no guarantee he has this particular info as the library of such is incomplete), be mindful of the cost of copying and postage at the very least.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X