windshield gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: windshield gasket

Saw this on the web and was curious. Looks like the glass gasket is without the slit for the trim. Same with the rear window. If I use the trim, I'm going to paint it, might be cleaner to just not use it.

Antique Cars Classics Customs Hotrods Leadsleds Roadsters Streetrods Trucks Turbine Car 40 31 Ford 67 Dodge Charger 61 Chrysler Images Pics Pictures Photos Photographs Gifs Jpgs Events Schedule Vendors Forum

Antique Cars Classics Customs Hotrods Leadsleds Roadsters Streetrods Trucks Turbine Car 40 31 Ford 67 Dodge Charger 61 Chrysler Images Pics Pictures Photos Photographs Gifs Jpgs Events Schedule Vendors Forum

Anyone know where this rubber came from?

It could have come from any Studebaker Vendor, these Gaskets come in top of the line trim WITH Stainless Moulding grooves, and Bottom of the line model Gaskets without Mouldings.

In my opinion, any Car looks very unfinished and cheap without Stainless Trim in the Gasket, I guess some people actually like the cheap, stripped down, Scotsman look!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

LOL, Rich. Beware, old guy, that new glass is a different thickness than old glass (or NOS) and there is a different gasket available depending on your glass. The right gasket makes the install way more easy. Good luck.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
      X