55Commander Hardtop door trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 55Commander Hardtop door trim

Looking for the door trim left and right .Located top of door outside .Chromed pot metal not stainless. IU have part numbers and parts book refpart number cast on inside is 306519 left side and 306520 right side.I removed the the trim from my other 55 to get the numbers.Body part catalog pg. 264 index # 2304-30part numbers in book are 306516 and 306517,I understand these were only used on the 55s
    Last edited by l.arend; 07-17-2011, 10:59 AM. Reason: added more info

When you are looking for parts , it would be helpfull to give Studebaker part numbers.
    Some vendors including me , have these numbers on their computer and having the part numbers
    will make it easier to find.
    A lot of the diecast parts have casting numbers which are not always the part number.
    Two slightly different parts may be using the same die but are finished differently.
    Robert Kapteyn
    Last edited by rkapteyn; 07-16-2011, 12:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Larend. I scoured eBay and SDC vendors and came up with some "not too bad" pieces for my 55K. None I have a show quality and some are just cores for replating. I hope to get a couple replated for the next upgrade (next year?). If you have any cores at all, replating might be a better option. Most used ones are pitted and have the pieces knocked off that hold the clips. I have a couple of spare cores, but they ain't pretty.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thaks for the info I guess I was being lazy

Comment

I would be interested in them if they are repairable .I live a little south of detroit.If you are not to far from Windsor i could come for a look Thanks

Comment

Well. I'm a good four hours from Windsor. Be patient and watch eBay. Lots of SDC folks are selling parts on eBay and you'll get some good cores. Bob Petersen (CandBstudebakers) will also have a good core or two for you. He's here, on the forum. JDP, Sal, Jerry Forrester, those are all "go to guys" for the parts you need. Cheers!
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
            X