This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 Hawk

I bought a T5 mustang trans for my 62 Hawk. It was originally an automatic, so I've got some parts to scrounge up. I'm considering using the automatic bellhousing with a hydraulic throwout bearing. My measurments are promising; I think I just need a doughnut spacer and redrill the bellhousing. But of course a stude flywheel. Any tips on changing the ring gear for my automatic starter, or what would have the throwout bearing I need? Do I have to go to a manual starter, and would it fit the auto bell? Do lark pedals fit? what about truck--R-5? Thanks Mike. "Keep it simple, Studebakerer"

Interesting approach. For sure, you'd have to get a stick shift starter. It's nose length determines it's reaching the plane of the ring gear (which is different from the plane of the gear on a torque convertor)I do think it would bolt up to the auto bell tho.

Lark pedals??? What year Lark? The swing pedals aren't a bolt-in by any stretch. Of course, anything can be MADE to fit. I wouldn't rule out brand X parts since you're going cusstom on this anyway[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
    X