This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole-In-The-Hood Controversy.....

I have three(3) '58 Packard hood scoop bezels. The one that was on the car(pitted)and another one(less pitted)both have mounting holes drilled on the outside of them near the front edge on each side. Oval Phillips-head screws held them in place. There was a countersink on the hole, so the screws would sit flush with the ornament. You can see that this was likely done after the part was plated, and they are nearly identical in this respect. The third, (and best, conditionwise) scoop bezel I have has two studs mounted in holes drilled into the underside of it, that correpond to holes in my hood. All three have holes for studs cast behind the blacked-out simulated air intake area of the bezel. Not that it makes a "hole" lot of difference, but still, I wonder if other 58 Packard owners have noticed this? Hopefully, this thread won't end up having to be locked.

quote:Hopefully, this thread won't end up having to be locked.
    Since I don't have any Packards in my history, I can't answer your question. My lack of response might keep the thread from being killed.

sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Thanks anyway, Dave, but we've got to get some more conflicting opinions about this subject, first. I examined the three parts closely, and though they are identical on the outside, the one with the studs underneath is a slightly different casting--it has more material cast in the area where it has been drilled for the mounting studs. Guess it must've been a change during the model run. Dare to disagree! [}]

Comment

go on www.packardhawk.com & ask mike williams. Everytime I have a question, regarding my 58 Packard, I email him & he reponds within a few hours.

Comment

quoteare to disagree! [}]
          Not me, Daddy Rabbit!

sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
          X