thanks and another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks and another question

the top loader is a real 4-speed 4th is 1:1.iremember that my 1957 commander had the rear trans support under the bell housing auto is this good enought support for the 4-speed? or should i in stall a crossmember under the trans? i had the 4-speed behind a 56 ford with 292(y-blocks being my other love). i haven't found a body yet but does the lark 2-door have the rear mount under the trans or the bellhousing ? and could i box the frame? the old 1957 had a x member under the car but was a 4 door.
    ?

No, Studebakers do not have or need a crossmember or rear mount under the Trans. 4 speed Hawks, Larks and Avantis do not use one, with up to 335 HP.

You can add a new reply to your original post, it is OK that you made a new post, you are new here, but easier for others to understand the whole story if you don't.

If I didn't say it before, welcome to the Studebaker Drivers Club and to the SDC Forum! [^]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There's a couple of us GA guys on here...

Where's Pendergrass at?

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

About 8 miles up I-85 from me.

Dan Miller
        Auburn, GA (N.E. of Atlanta)

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
        Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Working...
        X