Pressure plate adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Pressure plate adjustment

I've had to adjust the 3 fingers on my pressure plate twice this month the pressure plate is 2 years old and hasn't given me problems till now . I was driving around one day and the clutch was letting off lower and lower to the floor till it wasn't driveable pulled everything the fingers where all uneven I adjusted them all everything was good for about 30 miles same thing pulled it apart adjusted the fingers lasted a few days and same thing. Nothing looks visually wrong with the pressure plate is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Thanks. 63 lark 6cly

Perhaps your lock nuts are shot, allowing the adjustment to move-otherwise no idea. How does your throw out bearing look, is it sitting cock-eyed in the release arms? Did one of the release arms swivel on the shaft, cocking the throw out bearing screwing up the applied pressure? Sorry no other deep thoughts to help you.

Comment

More than likely the levers on the clutch shaft are stating to rotate on the shaft.
      There only is some knurling on the shaft with the lever pressed on.
      You may want to tack weld those after you moved them back to the original position.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

I thought finger adjustments were done at the time of a rebuild ???

Comment

Working...
        X