2R climatizer color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: 2R climatizer color

Anyone find a spray paint color that's close to the original brown to paint the climatizer box in a 2R truck? I spent $15 for a can of original green engine paint and am not sorry I did, but not as worried about this appearance.

In case no one else chimes in... here is what I have done to find some of these colors.
    Find a color photo of one that is correct (on line, or out of your camera), print it out & go to a hardware store that has a wall full of spray cans & find the color that comes closest. It may not be perfect... but you will be the only one to know.

Comment

Well I sorta did that today before I asked. I took a piece of the heater box and took it into a hardware store and tried to match the colors, but didn't come close enough to want to spend $6, that's how far off they were. I will try a big box hardware store tomorrow and see if their color options are better. Wanted to try the local hardware guy first.

Comment

Try an auto parts store that sells cans of automotive touch up paint, and you should come very close. I have some mid 50's Evinrude outboards and found a very close match for the blue paint.

Comment

I never was able to find anything pre-mixed that was close to that brown color. I ended up taking the cleanest part of the heater box to a Sherwin-Williams store and had them mix a quart of gloss oil-base paint. Somehow (maybe it's my imagination) a store that sells nothing but paint has always done a better job on matching colors than the guy at the big box store.

BTW, on my truck, the seat frame is painted the same color.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
            I never was able to find anything pre-mixed that was close to that brown color. I ended up taking the cleanest part of the heater box to a Sherwin-Williams store and had them mix a quart of gloss oil-base paint. Somehow (maybe it's my imagination) a store that sells nothing but paint has always done a better job on matching colors than the guy at the big box store.

BTW, on my truck, the seat frame is painted the same color.
            Thanks for the tip. I do have a auto paint store I had mix me some gray, I'll take the box to them for that. It's interesting though, the paint under the gasket is definitely not as reddish as is the traces on the outside panels or like the traces on the seat frame. Fortunately I'm not going for 400 points on this job.

Comment

Working...
            X