Are these any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: Are these any good?

Does anyone have any experience of these?

FITS: 1951-1964 Studebaker 232 259 289 304 V8 ENGINES. + 8MM USA Plug Wires. - Hi Performance 8mm Silicone Spark Plug Wires - MADE IN USA. - Hi Performance 60,000 Volt Ignition Coil + Aluminum mounting bracket.
    The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

Yes, But Kool Blue is the same dizzy but much lower in price and the guy is a fast shipper. I had 4 of them in 2 days. Then after looking at where you are from it might be a little longer for shipping.

Comment

Thanks Alan. I just looked on Kool Blue and the price works out roughly the same.
      $139.99 for the dizzy
      $55.99 for 50K volt coil
      $195.98 total without leads. I have new leads on my car so that's no big deal.

Depending on his shipping price it could work out cheaper. The ebay kit is $92.95 shipping!!!!!! Seems a little excessive??
      The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

Comment

Alan, both these units appear to be sold by the same vendor - CRTPerformance. Did you obtain your Kool Blue dizzies from a different source?
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I ordered them from the guy back East, but they were drop shipped from Norwalk, CA. Which is just a couple of miles from me. They are the importer.

Comment

Just keep in mind that most of these Chinese Distributors come with Male terminals in the Cap unless ordered otherwise (IF available), so your Standard Male Dist. end Wires do not work.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Alan -

Funny. Shipped out of Norwalk to the east coast, then shipped all the way back to you.

Should be no problem with the wire terminals at the cap. Most quality wire sets come with both styles, they have for many years.

Mike

Comment

I started off looking at the Pertronix system that drops into the standard dizzy but these are 95 bucks or more just for the module. Here in the UK we have Accuspark and they sell the same thing for British cars for about 25 to 30 quid. Then I saw the whole kit and thought it would be a better idea as it would be a completely new distributor with no wear and tear. I am completely at the mercy of you guys and your knowledge / experience as this is my first American car. I'm still learning .

Comment

Working...
                X