No announcement yet.

GT Hawk Vent Window Frame.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: GT Hawk Vent Window Frame.....

...any tricks/suggestions for tilting the top of the vent window frame more inward?.....or is the weather striping meant to be moved outward....?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Try using more shims at the bottom door hinge that may work. Cheers

Comment

There should be a bracket INSIDE the door. The front lower mounting point is slotted just for that purpose. You adjust the tilt, and fit before putting on the door interior panel.Also under the A pillar weatherstrip are the attaching screws for the stainless holder. they too are slotted for adjustment.Click image for larger version

Name:	64bodmp152.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1723720
      Last edited by bezhawk; 09-13-2018, 04:47 AM.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

As mentioned, there is a bracket inside the door that the bottom tip of the window frame attaches to with 1 nut. Also, there is a bolt near the top of the door that holds the top of the vent. The bracket is 2 pc if I recall and slotted at all connections for back/forth and left/right and up/down. That bolt at the top can go fwd/rev as well.

Quite frankly, there are so much adjustment that getting started is quite a task! If I recall, the order of window adjustment starts with the vent window and works backwards from there. Make sure the door is fitted first though.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Again, thanks everybody! The folks in this club are great people....so helpful all the time....I've gotten so much advice!
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

I don't know if you are reassembling the door after a total tear down or its just out of adjustment?

Just to warn you that the doors sag under their own weight somewhat so if you adjusted the door fit w/o any of the window hardware installed, they will sag out of adjustment once you put all the "guts" in. You can loosely install all the window hardware and glass and leave it down and non-interfering with anything and then re-do the door fit before trying to adjust the windows, starting with the vent alignment to the A pillar and working backwards from there.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
            X