AC hose holes, 63 - 64 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: AC hose holes, 63 - 64 Hawk

So, on the 63 & 64 Hawk they moved the heater blower to inside the cab and a chunk of the pass side firewall is now used for the 4" heater duct/hose to pass thru. So, some firewall real estate taken for that, but then the defrost motor/blower goes away and that frees some up. My question is where did Stude decide to move the two 1" AC hoses to on the firewall for the 63 & 64s?

Photo of a friend's '64 Hawk with the holes for the AC hoses - inboard and stacked - and he studied a dozen or more Hawks with AC to know what the factory location was...

Comment

Perfect! Just what I needed. As you might have guessed I'm converting an earlier Hawk(62 GT) to the 63-63 setup. I fabricated a 'plug' for the hole where the defroster motor was. Looks like I can make the AC holes in that plug

Comment

Here is another one. The second photo is a 1962 GT body that studebaker used to make a 1963 body out of. Very early oh and it didn't have A/C.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05810.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1721096Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08948.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1721097

Comment

AZstude's has a '64 style grommet set-up as the hoses come through the firewall. Cool! Dealer installed or '64 kit/parts used. I could use some of those grommets!
          Rob in PA.

Comment

mine are not in the same place. They didn't make many; could each one be different??

Comment

Working...
            X