Part ID? - 1338946

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Part ID? - 1338946

This is supposed to be a hole cover (1 1/4 inch hole) but I have no idea what it might look like.

One of my books show it to be a hardtop only part to fill a hole in the b-pillar, but no drawing.

Thanks ahead.

Try this.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Can't see it.

Comment

This covers the hole in the upper lock pillar on '59-'64 J bodies. It's illustration #2160-96 0n pages 274-276 of your Body Parts Catalog.

Comment

Photo of the new plug in link posted above:

Strange thing is - that is a plug that depends on the tabs to keep it in place. The part number I listed above also states there are two screws that hold the clip in - so not sure which is correct...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
            Photo of the new plug in link posted above:

Strange thing is - that is a plug that depends on the tabs to keep it in place. The part number I listed above also states there are two screws that hold the clip in - so not sure which is correct...
            This plug is not at all like the one in question!!!!! For a good picture of the one in question look in the 1959-1963 Shop Manual, group 5, page 56A, Fig. 110B. The plug is oval in shape and held in place by 2 screws. The hole it covers gives access to adjust the quarter window.

Comment

Originally posted by rbisacca View Post
              This plug is not at all like the one in question!!!!! For a good picture of the one in question look in the 1959-1963 Shop Manual, group 5, page 56A, Fig. 110B. The plug is oval in shape and held in place by 2 screws. The hole it covers gives access to adjust the quarter window.
              I think that shape might be part of the confusion. The reason for asking about it in the first place is the hole that was cut in the firewall of my 7E5. There is a service bulletin that states in order to remove the last rocker arm bolt from the furthest rear rocker arm assembly, it could only be done by drilling a 1 1/4 inch round hole in the firewall. To fill that hole, the bulletin states that the plug number listed earlier and two screws were to fill it in. Did they make a mistake in the service bulletin? If that plug is an oval, they certainly did...

Comment

WOW, does this bring back memories!!!!!!!!!!! Many, many years ago I had a '60 Lark 6. No way a show vehicle but a good daily driver. One day a piston broke in half and beat a hole through the head. For some reason which I don't remember I was able to purchase a used OHV 6 minus head cheaper then I could buy a used flathead head. I had a '61 parts car, good head bad block. Put OHV block in car, no problem. Then put head on engine and guess what? Had to cut a hole in firewall to install last bolt. Performance wise there was a big difference between FH and OHV.

Comment

Working...
                X