4-bbl carb on a Conestoga~?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 4-bbl carb on a Conestoga~?

Does anyone know if a 4-bbl carb option was offered on a 259 cu in powered Conestoga~? Was the 259 available in the Conestoga for the entire production year?

You don't say which year Conestoga.

Yes, I believe both the 54 and 55 had the four barrel as an option. I know the 55 did as I have a 55 that's mechanically all original, it's got a four barrel on it. Though I "assume" it's a 259, I've never looked into verifying that. It's just hanging around to steal parts off of for my two 54 wagons..!
    Note that I do not believe the 54 version had the 259 in it stock. It most likely had a 232 in it. My car has a warmed up 1960, 259 in it now.

Have you been to the Conestoga site ?

Mike

Comment

Not offered in '54, but a '55 Conestoga 'Advance Series' no doubt could be ordered with a four barrel. This would be quite rare though...No doubt the majority of '55 Stude 8 cyl wagons came with 2bbl carbs.

Comment

and many of the V8 cars came equipped with 224's............... from the famed Route Star pile....!

Comment

Btw, the ratty '55, the subject of a current post in the "General" section, has a 4-bbl.

Comment

Working...
          X