Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1753495Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1012.jpg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1753496
    My progress with add on air.
    Progress has slowed because of major brake repairs. E bay said new brakes but did not mention year. Had rear wheel cyl leaking so ordered o haul kits. Got to witness swedges cut out first hand , glad that already done.Twisted off bleeder screw so bought rear wheel cyl. Cyl s rusty and cruddy so decided to replace all steel lines. Twisted off bleeder on front cyl. So replaced front cyl.s Hill holder leaking piped it out of system .Kitted master cyl. Any one want Hill holder and bracket for a 4 spd?
    Tough 4 days work for old man on the floor with joints that do not move like they used to.
    I have not converted to alt yet so compressor is just laying on gen to give general lay out of how it will look
    Hawkowner that has new brakes system stem to stern.

I sent a PM

Comment

The Birds eye maple colored evaporater is classy looking.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I'm in the process of changing my factory air from the York pump to the Sanden pump and from R12 to R134a. There's a simple bracket that mounts the Sanden pump to the stock bracket for the York pump. It will then be where you have your alternartor sitting. The Instructions for the Sanden pump say you can only turn it 90 degrees max, which basically means either the fittings up, which will hit the hood or turned to the side which makes hose routing difficult. So I thought about swapping the Alt and AC pump as you have pictured but that puts the pump in a very hot location and makes belt routing imposible with the stock brackets. I think running the Alt off the AC pump might be OK, but I doubt the AC pump will turn fast enough the other way around.

Comment

There is a neat program on google to figure belt lengths and speeds. My 6 in crank pulley at 500 RPM turns compressor at 600 rpm. Alt at 4000 turns 9000 plus with this set up which is with spec.in the Delco catalog.
          I do not see a problem with heat mount compressor on generator bracket.

Comment

I drilled the generator bracket to move it back one belt width so that I could alt off the back pully grove of the compressor The alternator bracket is a stock 63 Hawk bracket with an in and 11/2 welded on an a tab down to the water manifold.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0998.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1712347
            Hawkowner
            Last edited by Hawkowner; 02-03-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X