Studebaker Commander 4 Door Sedan Radiator Shroud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Studebaker Commander 4 Door Sedan Radiator Shroud

I've been trying to find a 56 Sky Hawk fan shroud...no luck. Would a 55 Studebaker Commander 4 door sedan fan shroud interchange? Thanks...

Not likely. The radiators on the two cars are mounted at different angles and the engine to radiator distance is different. You will likely need a shroud from a C or K car. This should not be hard to find as so many C/K cars are modified with different engines.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I have the original shroud that came off my 59 Silver hawk (V8 motor). I've modified it so that you can easily remove the top half without having to do anything else. I also trimmed off a little of the part that that gets close to the engine accessories. Otherwise it's in very nice shape. Pics upon request.

Treblig

Comment

Here you go...it bolts directly to the radiator support in the factory holes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07217.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1709856Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07218.JPG
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	1709857Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07219.JPG
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1709858Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07220.JPG
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1709859Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07221.JPG
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1709860

Here's the car it came out of....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07222.JPG
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1709861

Treblig

Comment

I just went out and opened the hood on my 55 commander K California built car. The shroud is not as deep and narrow probably because of the hood design. I would think that you will need a 56-61 shroud to work. Nice job on the modification.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ

Comment

Working...
          X