engine torque specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: engine torque specs

Ok so im going to assembly the 289 this weekend. Does anyone have all the torque specs and clinch bolt procedure for the 289. or is there a webpage i can get it from, i looked and didnt find anything.
    also what are the ring gap specs on iron rings for this engine 289 R-2.
    1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.
    Just purchased 63r-3623 R2 was a auto now dressed to a R3 with a4speed.

It's in the shop manuals.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

is it, ya know i actually have his original manual, from the 60's, its nasty , but i forgot i have that. ill look.
      1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Endl98 View Post
        Ok so im going to assembly the 289 this weekend. Does anyone have all the torque specs and clinch bolt procedure for the 289. or is there a webpage i can get it from, i looked and didnt find anything.
        also what are the ring gap specs on iron rings for this engine 289 R-2.
        I don't think any of that is on the web--at least I haven't been able to find it either. I purchased the shop manual a while back and have it all in there. It was well worth the $50 plus it cost me. Now I just wish I had the parts manual as well. I also maybe should have purchased this all on CD but there is something to me about having that manual in my hands I guess.

Comment

I also like the manuals over the CD's, and I try to buy the shop, owner's, and parts manuals for each year of my cars.
          Now, if I could find the shop manual for my 1999 Olds so I can fix it.........because road salt is only a couple weeks away, and I'll have to park my Champion until spring.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
            I also like the manuals over the CD's, and I try to buy the shop, owner's, and parts manuals for each year of my cars.
            Now, if I could find the shop manual for my 1999 Olds so I can fix it.........because road salt is only a couple weeks away, and I'll have to park my Champion until spring.
            Don't know which Olds you have, but maybe can find it her: http://www.factoryrepairmanuals.com/...s&year_id=1999

Comment

I Googled your question and got lots of hits. This is the first one: http://www.tpocr.com/studebakerts.html
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

On tpocr.com, the rocker cover torque noted for the 56-64 V8 is wrong.

a) Ft/lbs are never used on a valve cover.

b) It doesn't delineate the 2 and 4 stud covers
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                  I don't like to think about that--I hope you are wrong.

Comment

Here are the manual pages..
                    64 GT Hawk (K7)
                    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I was looking all last night , never found a darn thing. thanks for the links. much appreciated,

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you,

Comment

Just for future reference to aid in rod and piston assy i made a wrist pin holding fixture. 6 in of 3/8 all thread and 2 threaded couplers from the hardware store. taper one end of each coupler to match taper inside wrist pin.lock tite one coupler on allthread and clamp in vise.slide wrist pin on tool, insert rod in piston and slide all onto pin. now you can twist pin in piston and rod to get pinch bolt set securely in pin. for insurance i tap slot end of pinch bolt with small hammer then torque to spec and repeat till torque remains steady at20to 25 ft lbs. luck Doofus

Comment

Working...
                        X