Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream is over I believe--anyone interested in a truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Dream is over I believe--anyone interested in a truck?

Well, if you have seen my thread http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-25-plus-years, you realize I have done a lot of research and reached out to a lot of you regarding my truck. After adding things up, taking advice, working thru the logistics of it all, etc. etc. I think it may be time to give this up. The cost is substantial considering I have two stuck pistons and am facing a rebuild. Another person suggested buying a used 259 to replace mine but I still have a complete rework of the brakes, interior, wheels, etc. to get it road worthy and I am afraid the money required and the time is more than I really want to deal with.

With that said, is anyone interested in my truck or do you KNOW of anyone that could be?

Thanks everyone for the many bits of advice and knowledge.

Jeff, I sent you a PM.
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Well done. Most people decide it is too much and give up after taking an intact vehicle, reducing it to a pile of car parts, then losing half of them. You are showing wisdom in doing an honest assessment up front then making the tough call. Most of us are not that smart

Comment

Originally posted by nvonada View Post
        Well done. Most people decide it is too much and give up after taking an intact vehicle, reducing it to a pile of car parts, then losing half of them. You are showing wisdom in doing an honest assessment up front then making the tough call. Most of us are not that smart
        I have to admit that Nathan points out something I frequently fail to realise until too late. Put what you have back together for the next guy to see that the parts are there and how they go together. You don't need to torque the fasteners to spec, just tight enough so the truck doesn't spontaneously dis-assemble on its way to its new home.

Comment

Originally posted by nvonada View Post
          Well, it is not FULLY intact---I took the engine apart to access the damage to see if it was repairable and an economical number but it is not. However, everything is contained in two storage bins---and with it I am throwing in the Studebaker service manual I purchased from the Stude Museum.

Comment

I'm sorry about your situation. I hope though, in the future, perhaps you can find a put together truck like the one you wanted to restore and take ownership of that one. We can't have too many Studebaker fans driving vehicles around, however that happens. Good Luck to you.

Comment

ignore this thread---I am not ready to give up--I posted more in my usual thread

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith1107 View Post
                ignore this thread---I am not ready to give up--I posted more in my usual thread
                Awesome!! Good luck to you and I am looking forward to you getting it running and driving again!

Comment

I dont know what truck you have but maybe I have a solution for you. I have one I started and have redone everything -- engine trans(4sp) new brakes, radiator gas tank starter generator new carb new iires and tubes -- and I am considering going in a different direction with a 5.9L Cummins and 2500 chassis from a donor. We can probably do a deal if you have a 2Rx truck Send me an email or call me 941-928-4141

Comment

Working...
                  X