Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Temp sensor

Studebaker part # 1549452.
    I need a modern part number, parts manual says fits 59 - 64 6 cyl. This is the engine sending unit.
    I have spent a large part of yesterday and today, trying to find an interchange part # for an over the counter Temp sensor for a 1964 Commander 6 cyl. I now know a lot about temp sensors. But I still do not have a part number, that I can use to buy one at a local auto parts store. The only reason that I want to get it local, is to save time. I am trying to get the car ready to sell.
    Evidently some of the new manufactures have a glitch in their data base, and think that the 6 and 8 cylinder #s use the same sensor. They do not.
    Can anyone help with supplying a modern part number that is correct?
    Thanks,
    George Rohrbach

Do the main Studebaker vendors carry this sending unit? Studebakers West in Redwood City, CA has a lot of parts. 650-366-8787
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

No, but they are available from SI http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50001003a
      As other forum members have found, they can get sensors that fit but may not work consistently with gauges, long out of production. Local parts stores don't have references and cross references to old parts that are correct. Even most references at Stewart Warner are not available and the correct one not listed.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
        George Rohrbach

Comment

Try an Airtex 1T1323 temp sensor.

59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
          X