Avanti a/c condenser removal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Avanti a/c condenser removal help

I was searching for some insight on the removal of the a/c condenser on an Avanti. I found no information in the Avanti shop manual nor in the search function of the forum. So I guess I’ll start removing bolts and parts to gain clearance. Hopefully there is enough wiggle room to get the condenser out from the front without needing to drain and remove the radiator, time will tell! Upon checking the parts catalog for the a/c drier I found 2 different numbers. 1 for serial number before serial 4973 and 1 for after number 4973. It made me wonder which one would be used on serial number 4973? Hopefully serial number 4973 wasn’t equipped with air-conditioning. I suppose not too many Avantis were equipped with a/c since it didn’t warrant mentioning in the shop manual.
    Might anyone have a new drier part #1558160 or a used one that I could have rebuilt? Or possibly knowledge of an after market version that would bolt up and fit the original position next to the condenser?

regards,
    Jay

I don't know if this is the correct part number but so many parts interchange between Larks and Avantis, Studebaker International shows this page in their catalog at the very last;

Comment

You do have to remove the radiator....sorry.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
      X