Hog Trough thickness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Hog Trough thickness?

Anyone know the thickness or gauge of the steel used on the Avanti hog troughs? I'm thinking for patching one rather than replacing one.

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
    Anyone know the thickness or gauge of the steel used on the Avanti hog troughs? I'm thinking for patching one rather than replacing one.
    Did that on my 74. 18 ga IIRC. Easy to MIG at that gauge and even if the HT's are a bit thinner, you can play the weld off the 18 ga. Bob

Comment

I patched a hole about the size of a quarter in my 52 hog troughs with a piece of a concrete trowel.

It's your repair large or small?

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
        I patched a hole about the size of a quarter in my 52 hog troughs with a piece of a concrete trowel.

It's your repair large or small?

Dean.
        Am checking it out Friday, think it will require a slightly larger patch, maybe 6"x 8" not near a support.

Comment

Where is the missing metal? I have a pair of hog trough patch pieces that encompass the front 10 to 12" including the lateral support stamping that were made by Classic. PM me in April if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
            Where is the missing metal? I have a pair of hog trough patch pieces that encompass the front 10 to 12" including the lateral support stamping that were made by Classic. PM me in April if interested.
            Thanks for the offer, but decided against the car I was going to do it to.

Comment

Working...
            X