Distributor rebuild and modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: Distributor rebuild and modification

I need the name and contact info of someone who can check, rebuild, modify advance curve, and generally do what needs to be done on a Delco distributor. Thanks for your help.

I do them, but it's always good to ask, "How much?"

Most any sixty-year-old distributor is going to need disassembled, cleaned, new bushings, painted, new vacuum advance and I wouldn't put one back in without an electronic trigger. A performance curve for premium fuel or a CASO curve for regular? New cap and rotor? To do it all right is $300 in my shop. If you find someone who does them for less, ask if it includes all the above.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I'm confident Jack does great work. I can also tell you I've used Jim Linder's outfit, Bubba's Ignition in Indianapolis. I can also tell you his rates are comparable.
      -------------------
      Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

Also "Bud" here on the Forum has a Distributor Machine and knows how to use it, so he can rebuild, modify or repair any Distributor and is very fair to work with, Honest and Dependable.

Not that others are not, just saying from experience and 40 year + friendship.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Also "Bud" here on the Forum has a Distributor Machine and knows how to use it, so he can rebuild, modify or repair any Distributor and is very fair to work with, Honest and Dependable.

Not that others are not, just saying from experience and 40 year + friendship.
          Typed "Bud" into 'search', got nothing. How does one contact hum?

Comment

colt45sa, Send me a PM regarding your distributor, I would be happy to rebuild it for you. Bud

Comment

Working...
            X