Factory A/C in 62-64 hawks and larks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Factory A/C in 62-64 hawks and larks

tech support needed for ac unit in my 64 hawk. As far as installation, I need to know if it goes in as one unit. is it a self contained installation. any information on the factory ac would help.
    thanks Hunter

1964 gt hawk Jet green
    hunter stanley

Hunter
    The evaporator is the gray case that bolts under the dash. The '62 GT takes a certain bracket-the '63/4's another. The GT evap has a gray vinyl strip across the bottom held in an aluminum trim where the Lark is plain. Holes need to be cut in the firewall on either to run hoses to the compressor and condenser which is in front of the radiator. You can use the search bar to find some pics on the Forum. I've installed several factory units in my '64 Daytona's and am in the process of doing same in my '64 GT. It appears I need to trim the bottom of the dash near the parking brake to fit the evaporator. On the GT one needs to move the passenger air vent bracket to the right to make room for the evap. to be installed under the dash. My car is in the shop at present for some body work so pics are out but I've had others post. I'll help in any way I can. I'm sure others will too. Good luck-it's well worth the trouble. Also when done make sure it goes to a person familiar with the old systems since they will be putting in R-134a.
    Rob in PA.

Comment

Working...
    X