Valve Adjustment At 16,000 Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Valve Adjustment At 16,000 Miles

I last adjusted the valves on the 62GT exactly 15,950 miles ago. I figured they were due again, and today was as good a time as any. Last time, I set the exhausts to .030", and the intakes to .028", cold. Today the intakes were all around .025-.026", and the tightest exhaust was around .024".

Doing the math, and using the tightest exhaust valve for calculation, it appears the exhausts closed at a rate of .001" every 2,658 miles. The intakes are a non issue.

Per my maintenance log, the calculation at the last prior adjustment, indicated the tightest exhaust valve had closed .001" every 1270 miles. So the hardened seats are wearing a lot better, since they have hammered in.

Today, I set the exhausts to .032", and the intakes to .030", and plan to do the next valve adjustment in 20,000 miles
    Last edited by JoeHall; 06-13-2015, 05:07 PM.

That sounds noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
      That sounds noisy.
      Nope, the extra .005" doesn't seem to make much difference in the quiet tick. I figure it is good for a few more thousand miles between adjustments. With the EFI, AC and all the other garb on the motor, it takes 3-4 hours to adjust the valves, so I want to put it off as long as possible before the next time.

Comment

Working...
      X