Totally newbie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Totally newbie...

okay here we go... First of all sorry if my english sucks I'm from finland. I just bouhgt my first studebaker (1950 commander starlite) and While I.m waiting the car to arrive I would like to get as much info I can... So i have been trying to find parts to the engine that I believe was 245 but I dont seem to find any... I did find parts sfor a 246 engine and the question is are they the same engine??? Like I said I'm totally clueless when it comes to a studebaker and I live In a country that has not a single 50's studebakers . and a nother question... My starlite's got a one piece windshield that needs to be replaced... I'd like to know does the split window fit to same frame as the one piece?

thank you.

Your engine is a Commander 6, with a displacement of 245.6 cubic inches, so it has been called both a 245 and a 246. Same engine. Here are a few sources of parts:
    Skip Lackie

Comment

thanks! I thought that would be the case but you never know so it's better to ask. It's gonna be a challenge with the build with the lack of parts etc here in finland.

Comment

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wecome.

For new parts, try our vendors first. If you need used parts, place a 'wanted to buy' request here and someone will offer to ship it to you.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Welcome, Aarne! Your English is better than many Americans. We haven't spoken English in a couple of centuries!
            Studebakers were sold and assembled worldwide so you are not out of luck. In fact, the Studebaker Drivers Club, with nearly 13,000 members is the largest single marque club in the world. Sweden has its own Studebaker Chapter. Link here. http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com..._worldwide.asp Local support is amazing.
            Your windshield will not swap with a two-piece flat.
            The majority of resources will obviously be housed in the United States.
            Join the Studebaker Drivers Club. http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/join.asp to receive resources every month in Turning Wheels, the monthly publication of SDC.
            Explore our many fine vendors from the link Skip supplied.
            Inquire here (the forum) often and share pictures of your project progress.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Congratulations Aarne, a 1950 Starlight Coupe in a Commander Big 6, is a rare find these Days.

It should make a Great car for you, Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

thanks for the welcome And damnit for the windshield... okay so there is a chapter in sweden? well that could come in handy. there were so many parts and help links here that it's gonna take a while to see them through Rock'n Roll!! and thanks again!

Comment

Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                  X