R Balancer with 55 Crank Pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: R Balancer with 55 Crank Pulley

I decided to not use a long R water manifold on the 53. So here is what the setup looks like.

And here's the modified 55 water manifold.

Nice job, it looks like it came with that 2 Bolt T-Stat housing mounting surface!
    I guess I would have taken the easy way out and used a late Manifold. And spoiled all the fun!

The only difference I see between that and the stock '61-'64 Water Manifold is the missing boss for the left hand heater hose fitting for A/C.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-02-2014, 06:29 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Wow! I'm gonna quit posting pix of my work. You're shaming all of us.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Hey flashback, a question comes to mind. are we asking for trouble using a long snout crank balancer on a short snout crank? I used same balancer on my turbo'ed 224 in my 53 project. only driving alt/, p/s pump but i wonder. lots of weight spinning with little support. anybody care to chime in? Doofus

Comment

i wonder. lots of weight spinning with little support.
          One might suppose that's why Studebaker engineers designed a longer crankshaft snout.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

That's not the case here. The engine is a 63 Avanti R1. I am putting it in my 53. I didn't want to use the long water manifold setup. That's why the changes. It is a long snout naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
              Wow! I'm gonna quit posting pix of my work. You're shaming all of us.
              AAAh go on Jerry. Youre too kind, LOL Maybe everyone hasn't see your work first hand. I have. I'm trying to learn from you, since you are so old. LOL LOL LOL

Comment

Working...
              X