Rocker Panel Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Rocker Panel Covers

I imported these rocker panel covers from the states for my 62 Hawk and they supplied no instructions on how to attach them....

Could some kind people be able to post some close up pics of where the screws go and if there is any brackets to help attach?

Thanks in advance..wayne

OK, I see they are what we call Rocker Panel MOULDINGS. The Body Parts Catalog should list the fasteners required.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK-the originals had ten fairly equally spaced predrilled, tapered holes in the third groove from the top of the molding. Does yours? If not, you'll have to drill them. Two holes in the front fender, five in the rocker molding, and three in the rear fender. Mark the locations, punch and pilot the holes,and attach with 3/4" no. 6 oval head sheet metal screws. Dan

Comment

If those aren't predrilled,I'd like to put them on with some two-faced tape moulding adhesive.
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Unless you built the car yourself Wayne you might discover the rockers are mostly Bondo or fiberglass! Been there done that, check rockers with a strong magnet before drilling, double sided tape sounds good, its good enough for the Big 3! Good Luck, Doofus

Comment

RTV will work much better than double sided tape. RTV will last as long as the car does. RTV is also known as silicone seal.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks Guy's, I'll let ya know what happens..Cheers

Comment

Two weeks ago I fitted the Coker Classic Whitewalls and today had the Rocker Panel Mouldings fitted.
                The rocker panels aren't straight but close enough.
                It's never going to be a Pebbel Beach car, just mine.
                Before

After

Don't ya just love the artist renditions, there's about 12" missing from the real production cars
                Check out the front fender, doors and roof line, rear quater panel and the rear bumper wrap around.
                No chance of getting any car to look like that.

Cheers From Aussie
                Wayne

Comment

That's a great looking car! I love the color. The worst problem I see is the way the rear fender curves in,from the rear edge of the door to the front of the rear wheel. Their is a bracket there,from the inner body to the fender.I'm wondering if a small adjustment to it could move the fender out a little to line up better? I know I spent a lot of time on mine,moving sheet metal around for alignment panel to panel.
                  NOT nitpicking your car! They are all like this in varying degrees!
                  Comparing your 2 pics,the rocker moulding accentuates the mis-alignment.
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Good call, I see that now.
                    I'll ask my aussie parts supplier if he knows about the problem..

Comment

Working...
                    X