Dimensions of Zip Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Dimensions of Zip Van

Hi, I want to ship a Zip Van and was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions so that I can get a quote from the Shipping Company. Gleaming from this website it's length is 144", wheelbase is 85", it weighs 1/2 ton. Just missing height and (true) width. Why, oh why, don't I just go get the Wagonaire for sale across town?

I just went and put a tape measure on mine. Measures about 5 1/2 feet wide not counting mirrors, and a little over 7 feet tall.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Those things are cool
      ! a local fellow has one here in Lafayette In.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Thanks for the info-now I'll send off for the quote.

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum!
          I owned a Zip Van for years and "restored" (new engine, complete paint job, etc.) it.
          I remember it as being 144 inches long.
          I think that the "1/2 ton" is the rating, like for a pickup truck, not the weight of the vehicle.
          I know that it is more than 6 1/2 feet tall because it would not go into my home garage. This may make an added problem/cost when having it transported.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Do you (or any other ex or current owners) recall off-hand how much the Zip Van did weigh?

Comment

Working...
            X