Test fitting intake and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Test fitting intake and such

A Jeff Rice port matched intake with qudrajet adapter.

A quadrajet carb. from I-5 Auto dialed in for 259 cubic inches.

A MrGasket air cleaner assy.

All together now.

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Looking really good there Jerry. But, we have come to expect that from you.

Comment

Superb!
      The studs went on the inner (stock) Stude holes in the intake...
      Wondered about that when I modified the setup...
      Looks great!
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I always like the Quadrajet carb had in gm engines from 305 thru 455 worked well on ll of them even used on Buicks 252 v6 so it should be good on 259 . Your engine looks good with the big distributer black and gold and chrome.

Comment

I've had a quadrajet (factory installation) on my '69 GTO for 40 years. Great carb. Good mileage if you keep your foot out of it and great performance when you open those giant secondaries. I'm planning to put one on my 289 Stude later.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Looks great Jerry, your progress helps inspire me.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Great looking work, from both you and Jeff. What's the CFM of the Q-Jet? I am running a 500 CFM Edelbrock, and loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
                Great looking work, from both you and Jeff. What's the CFM of the Q-Jet? I am running a 500 CFM Edelbrock, and loving it!
                All quadrajet carbs are either 700 or 780 cfm.
                The way the carbs are made, they won't pull any more than the engine requires.
                You don't want to put a carb from a 455 or 500 ci engine onto a 259 or 289.
                When I ordered the carb I asked if the carb he has on Ebay for a six cyl. was good for a 259 ci, he said it would run lean but he would put me one together that would be correct for 259 ci.
                Its not just the jets and metering rod sizes but the passages and fuel ports are different in different carbs for different cubic inches.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                X