Body Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Body Weight

I am planning on building my own "rotisserie" for working on the body of my 1965 Daytona 2 dr Sport Cpe. It will be off the frame and just the body from the firewall back will be mounted. Question.... does anyone know the approx weight that the body would be in that state?

Thanks for your time

By the time you remove the heavy Glass, Doors, Trunk Lid, rear Fenders, Front Clip you would be surprised how light it really is, we had 3 Guys lift off a '61 2 Door Sedan body, so I would say not over 600 Lbs. if that, Ron.

When it is off, a '62 and newer 2 Door Hardtop 11 Ga. Frame would be a really good improvement to put under it to replace the 13 Ga. original, call me if you need one.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi Ron- Thought you and others might find this rotisserie build of interest: http://www.harwoodperformance.bizlan...ick/index.html
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

That is a Killer Rotisserie, it is way overbuilt at 6000 LB. capacity but it will not put a bend or twist in your body, a Good thing!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I will definitely take your frame recommendation seriously. I will wait till I can look at mine closer. Still working on building garage and getting ready but hopefully in a few months I will be getting started.

Thanks Bob for the Rotisserie link. I will study it closely and see if I can use it as a guide to make one for my needs.

Comment

Working...
          X