Hawk top chop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Hawk top chop

I have a 59 Silver Hawk that I would like to do a gentlemans chop on only instead of cutting the w/s A pillar I want to sink the cowl down so that the belt line is flat along the side to w/s and would be able to retain the stock windshield. Has anyone done this or know where I can get some info on the kind of problems I might run into.

I believe so...try contacting Brian Woods (woodysrods on the forum) ...I`m pretty sure stock front windshield was a key feature of the chop he did on his Hawk. cheers, Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

My 53 has the gentleman's chop with 2" removed in the front and nothing in the rear, a series of pie cuts from back to front to bring it down, a lot of work but some think it is worth it .

Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Yep...it's the styling que that the Stude guys missed...!
        Now you need to lower the car evenly by 2"....to finish off all the body work look.

Mike

Comment

Yep...it's the styling que that the Stude guys missed...!
          South Bend legend is the lower front is closer to Bob Bourke's original design, but the ultra-conservative Stude management made him raise the front so a man on his way to church wouldn't have to remove his hat.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X