isolater mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: isolater mounts

Hello all . I have been trying to locate some parts for the 55 champion. I have located the oil pan gasket set and the trans mount but cannot locate the engine mounts . Any ideas on this matter ? 185 flat six .

From any of many Studebaker vendors...try Studebaker International first in the vendors list
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Ron,
      One may gather from your frustration that you have not yet joined the Studebaker Drivers Club and are not receiving the monthly publication Turning Wheels! Owning and driving a Studebaker is a joy unto itself but, greatly enhanced by the support and assistance of over 12,000 others of like mind. Only $24 for the year.

Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hello Captain Billy , Studebaker International was where I was able to locate the parts I found but they don't offer motor mounts .

Comment

I've not seen 6-cyl mounts in decades, but I suspect that other, newer mounts can be substituted with a little judicious research at a parts store or even looking around a decent salvage yard. The problem I have had with "real" mounts is that IF they are not of recent manufacture they simply fall/pull apart in use. However, I'm sure that some "Sixie" member here will chime in with an appropriate part for you. All the best!!!

It's coming back to me, now... Many years ago my family had a couple six cylinder Studes... as I recall now, the motor mounts looked like they had been fabbed from pieces of old tires.
          Last edited by Xcalibur; 12-05-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

It's coming back to me, now... Many years ago my family had a couple six cylinder Studes... as I recall now, the motor mounts looked like they had been fabbed from pieces of old tires.

You might not be all that far off, because the body mounts are made of the same thing!
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

All Studebaker Engine Mounts are molded of fresh, New, high quality, Rubber with the hardness spec'd to the Engine weight, possibly by one of the Major Tire Mfg's. Like Firestone.

The '55 to '58 Champion "185" Front Engine Mounts were the only 45 degree angled Mounts to absorb all that enormous Engine Torque!

These must be one of the very few post-war Engine Mounts that are no longer available, like 56J Packard Engine Mounts.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 12-05-2013, 05:50 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have one only new old stock mount in my inventory. $15.00 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                  I have one only new old stock mount in my inventory. $15.00 plus shipping. PM me if interested.
                  Let me dig a little deeper before I give you my answer . Seems like 55 chevys have mounts that kinda somewhat maybe or not might be used. Thanks I will let you know soon . Raining cats and dogs here in Knoxville , may need the boat to get to my shop !

Comment

If someone would just post a photo of this mount, it would be much more likely that a similar mount could be identified.
                    Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
                    See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Working...
                    X