1978 Avanti Rear quarter window seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1978 Avanti Rear quarter window seals

HELP! Hi, Unfortunately I was just told not to remove the old seal from the rear quarter window on mr 78 Avanti II so I called the body shop that is painting it. The seals have already been cut out! Is there anything I can do? I have a brand new paint job and chrome I'm doing with no rear window seals. Can you help or make some suggestions? Even used ones could help I think.

Dave
    Avantidave
    1978 Avanti II

You need:
    (1) 1358964-5 R/Q Window Seal, Pair

(2) 3202X2 Above R/Q Window, horizontal Seal

(2) 1350538 Metal Retainer for 3202X2

Call (317) 462 3124 before 5:00 Eastern Time
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Only the left side is available here.
      Avantidave
      1978 Avanti II

Comment

You might try Nostalgie Motors,Dan Booth ,Hrs.Mon.To Thurs.10:00 till: 4:30 Service Dept-248-349-4884. Mac

Comment

Thanks Mac, I tried Dan, Meyers and Studebaker International and all they had was the left side for some reason. I also tried a place called Studebaker Parts Inc. with no luck. I'm not sure what to try next. What a shame to restore a car and be stopped by such a small thing after spending thousands.
          I sure appreciate all the suggestions and keep them coming, I just may get some luck and find someone with one.
          Avantidave
          1978 Avanti II

Comment

Sounds like You really need to find someone parting out an Avanti. '63 through '88 would fit I believe.

Comment

Still no luck with the right rear quarter window seal for my 78 Avanti II. Looks like I'll have a new paint job with no window seal. What a bummer!!!
              also, does anyone know where to get the side marker lights? They are all plastic, even the trim is plastic. I looked in the Studebaker International catalog and none are listed. It's beginning to look like I should have gotten that Commander I was looking at when I bought the Avanti.
              Avantidave
              1978 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by davette59 View Post
                Still no luck with the right rear quarter window seal for my 78 Avanti II. Looks like I'll have a new paint job with no window seal. What a bummer!!!
                also, does anyone know where to get the side marker lights? They are all plastic, even the trim is plastic. I looked in the Studebaker International catalog and none are listed. It's beginning to look like I should have gotten that Commander I was looking at when I bought the Avanti.
                Dave, in spite of the fact that Nostalgic Motors didn't have the window seals, they remain the "Go To" operation for all thing Avanti. IMHO, Bob

Comment

Did you try Studebaker West (Redwood City, CA) who advertise in TW - They specialize in only Stude and have purchased many dealer's stock over the years - Not having an Av, i've never sourced an Av part. Talk to Carl or Herman.
                  Paul TK

Comment

Thanks Paul, I emailed them earlier today. I will call them on Monday. I really appreciate all who are trying to help. I hope sooner or later I'll hit pay dirt. Otherwise I may have one funny looking Avanti that leaks water.
                    Avantidave
                    1978 Avanti II

Comment

IF my memory is correct, I recall those side marker lights being a readily available item. I believe that the source is Bob Ziff @ Avanti Parts and Restoration 800 524 8142
                      If I'm incorrect, and he does not have them, I have one used side marker light from a '81 that you can have for the postage. But like I said it is used and shows it. Or, you could meet me at Advanced Plating in Nashville on Thursday and I'll hand it to you.
                      John Brissette
                      Louisville KY

Comment

I would try a few AMC Part sources for side marker lights to see which year matches, I believe that is what was used.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich is correct, this should get you the identity of the side lights.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X